Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday plans.

Friday: The Friends of the Provo Library is having a top secret pre-sale tonight for members who attend the business meeting. That means I will be able to enter the book sale room and skim the cream, while leaving the dregs behind for the unwashed rabble who will show up at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow. This is the closest I will get to experiencing what it is like to be very wealthy. That, and going to bed each night in a warm, safe home, slightly nauseous from eating too much.

Saturday: My weekend is rich with possibilities this weekend, thanks to the recent acquisition of small objects, including the best garlic press ever:

.
When you pick it up, it is so solid it feels like you are holding a Sig Sauer. I will probably bathe in crushed garlic just to test it out.

My son has more merit badge mill at BYU, so I will be attending and also scouring their excellent graphic novel collection, since I acquired a BYU library card last week.

Also, I just put a computer on the bike, so I can track my rides and try to join the 1,000 mile club. Finally, I rented this board game:

and played it last night, and will play it some more. It's like Ticket to Ride, but you buy shares in the railroads and get dividends and it will make your head explode. There is no luck involved and it only takes an hour once you know what you're doing.

2 comments:

  1. In practice I ended up doing taxes on Friday night, so I missed the amazing pre-sale at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

the C2 wiki.

I feel like I keep returning to the same types of projects.  Right now I'm collecting, editing and publishing historical rhetoric texts ...