Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Learning Python

I'm supposed to have been learning Python since December, but just started yesterday. I thought I'd put my notes here since I'm not writing much else. It took two hours for me to figure that I have to type "Python3" to invoke the latest version of Python that I installed under OS X. Although I asked for help online, the solution was in the docs. My goal is to see how much Python I can learn in two months. Why? a number of reasons. 1. I'm trying to make myself learn to code. 2. I'd like to do something with gamification and my writing courses. Not sure exactly what. Initially I'd like to make something that let's my students rank and respond to snippets of writing. 3. I'd also like to have a tool that aggregates snippets of writing in some manner. I'm using "Inventing Games with Python" because it has gotten good reviews, is free, is project based and looks fun. The writing is clear and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the C2 wiki.

I feel like I keep returning to the same types of projects.  Right now I'm collecting, editing and publishing historical rhetoric texts ...