Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Published scifi novel word counts [Archive] - Absolute Write Water Cooler

My Intro SF students voted against Dune, which has 185,000 words. I don't think they realize that our next book, "Fire Upon the Deep" has 285,000 words. I know because I downloaded it, converted it to plain text, then pasted it into Microsoft Word and did a word count. We are going to be reading this for two weeks. I tested their reading speed in class, and the average is about 400 words per minute. That means it will take them 11 hours to finish. I feel like I'm colonizing their brains.
from Facebook http://ift.tt/2cLplgv
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

the C2 wiki.

I feel like I keep returning to the same types of projects.  Right now I'm collecting, editing and publishing historical rhetoric texts ...