Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2016

Our exoskeleton overlords.

Let's talk about commercially available robot exoskeletons.
  • First, this is an example of science fiction driving technology
  • As a hulking American, physical size will matter less and less as we roboticize ourselves. What does that mean for gender relations?  Labor relations?
  • Once the elderly adopt these and then weaponize them, power relations are going to shift dramatically. If politicians historically were afraid of farmers with guns, imaging senior citizens with armored exoskeletons and missle launchers.
  • Humans are relegated to brains inside a mobile cage. This is no different from automobiles, I suppose, or using your phone to post on Facebook while walking down the street.
  • It is only a matter of time before these are militarized and jet packs are attached.
  • I am still not sure that this video isn't a parody.
  • I just ate an entire can of cashew parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGmymin7d0o

No comments:

Post a Comment

the C2 wiki.

I feel like I keep returning to the same types of projects.  Right now I'm collecting, editing and publishing historical rhetoric texts ...