Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Why America's Schools Have A Money Problem

Utah spends less per student than impoverished inner city Chicago schools. Joey briefly attended an accelerated program in a nicer school within our district. I could not believe the donated gifts at the school fundraiser compared with our own Cherry Hill, which is a Title I school with a Spanish immersion program. Cherry Hill is a great school, but they just moved the gifted and talented program because it was competing for resources with Spanish immersion. I guess what really bothers me is the zip code based disparities between school funding. I really wish it were more evenly distributed, even within districts.
from Facebook http://ift.tt/1VxvL2l
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

the C2 wiki.

I feel like I keep returning to the same types of projects.  Right now I'm collecting, editing and publishing historical rhetoric texts ...