Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2016

DEA Argues That Public Comment Is Unnecessary Before Kratom Ban

On September 30th, the DEA is classifying the plant Kratom as schedule I drug, putting it in the same group as heroin, ostensibly because of 660 poison control reports over a five year period. There are many, many accounts of people using Kratom as an alternative to Lortab and other addictive prescription medicines. "To put kratom risks in perspective, poison control centers received 6,843 reports of young children ingesting single-load laundry pods in just the first seven months of 2016." I have elderly family members who have used Kratom for arthritis pain.
from Facebook http://ift.tt/2bPznbs
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

the C2 wiki.

I feel like I keep returning to the same types of projects.  Right now I'm collecting, editing and publishing historical rhetoric texts ...