Search This Blog

Sunday, February 4, 2018

The Good Place: Mike Schur and Damon Lindelof Interview

http://ift.tt/2nF78DE

I mean, if you think that everybody knew about Louis … everyone knew about Kevin Spacey. I was on SNL from ’89 to 2004 and I don’t remember when he hosted, but I remember very distinctly being like, “He’s hitting on the pages. He’s hitting on the young men in the talent department.” It’s the most open secret that’s ever existed. I didn’t know the extent to which the behavior was predatory certainly, but no one didn’t know. Anyone who had ever worked with that guy knew that. Ted Danson calls me very frequently on the phone just to tell me that he had a fun time at work today. He’ll just say, like, “What fun, and the things I get to do, and it’s so wonderful, and just, thank you so much.” It’s bizarre. It feels like you’re on a prank show. I have found that my current predominant feeling is just shame that we’re allowing ourselves to live under the rule of people this stupid. You know what I mean? It’s not a new observation, it just feels like it’s shifted from anger to, like, “Oh, I feel so sad that we allowed this to happen, and I don’t know how to cope with that.” Every day I wake up and I feel like the political climate has poured a syrup of ipecac into my mouth and if I don’t vomit up my thoughts on Twitter, I’m going to die. I feel like it’s a purge of anger and frustration and fear.
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

the C2 wiki.

I feel like I keep returning to the same types of projects.  Right now I'm collecting, editing and publishing historical rhetoric texts ...