Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Failproof Instant Pot Rice - Green Healthy Cooking

I managed to make perfect Instant Pot rice today.  Here is what worked for me, a resident of the desert community of Orem, Utah, at 5,000 feet.

Note: this is in an 8 quart Instant Pot

Four cups white, long grain rice
5 1/2 cups water
Two tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil, because it is supposed to magically reduce calories after it cools, due to some sort of molecular Sri Lankan magic.
1/2 teaspoon of salt.

Set to manual pressure for five minutes.  Forget about it while you book a hotel in downtown San Francisco.  Check it later and start scheming about how to convince your wife to use the instant pot so you can toss the budget rice cooker (and slow cooker).

Right now Lowe's has an eight quart pressure cooker for $42.

Here's someone else's link that I Googled.  It's either an amazing recipe or they have amazing search engine optimization.  I couldn't figure out why so many of these blog posts ramble so much, then realized that it's probably SEO.

Failproof Instant Pot Rice - Green Healthy Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment

the C2 wiki.

I feel like I keep returning to the same types of projects.  Right now I'm collecting, editing and publishing historical rhetoric texts ...