Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

My Mother’s Eclipse – By Common Consent, a Mormon Blog

http://ift.tt/2ivlk0f

When the sun slipped behind the moon. The universe changed in ways I had never before experienced. I cannot describe what the event itself was like: the sudden darkness, the shock of the fiery corona blazing in the darkness like a sign from a time of more ancient warrior gods and goddesses. To find the heavens I’ve known throughout my life suddenly alive with a new and powerful presence, so other as to destabilize my familiar world. It was as if every electron in my body reversed and was now spinning in a new direction. I was struck dumb. Awestruck and wordless. I’d never been left so discomfited by any natural phenomenon. I was surprised by how the heavens I knew so well were changed and enlivened in an instant. I’ve often heard the word sublime, but now I understood it, and viscerally so. I still feel it in my mind’s eye.
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

the C2 wiki.

I feel like I keep returning to the same types of projects.  Right now I'm collecting, editing and publishing historical rhetoric texts ...