Search This Blog

Thursday, February 22, 2018

The Other State of Emergency

http://ift.tt/2FnP5dT

As it turns out – and this should come as no surprise – the two challenges are actually very closely linked. I'm not referring here to the tenuous, or at least too oblique, connection between climate change in the Middle East and the crisis in Syria. Nor am I talking about the horror of the refugees hounded out by the terrorists, by the wholesale destruction of their country, or about the way we have reacted to the matter. Rather, I'm referring to that hideous attraction whereby suicide bombers prefer death and the afterlife to an earthly existence in the now.
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

the C2 wiki.

I feel like I keep returning to the same types of projects.  Right now I'm collecting, editing and publishing historical rhetoric texts ...