Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Severe Frostbite is Serious Business (Story and more pics in comments) : MorbidReality

http://ift.tt/2Flqw1j

This happened because I thought it would be smart to sleep in my car and save money by not getting a motel. My boss was coming back from being out of town the next day, at which point we were going to go to Wisconsin and work there for a few weeks where we had lodging set up. My shoes were wet from walking around in the fresh snow a bit, so I took them off. I had the heat on and figured my socks would dry out pretty quickly. Some time while I was asleep I ran out of gas. I figured I could just tough it out and figure something out in the morning. My feet hurt really bad for a while. Then they just stopped hurting, altogether. I went back to sleep. A few hours later, I tried to put my shoes back on, and found that my feet were frozen solid. My hands were very painful now, and were beginning to lose most of their mobility and sensation to touch. I contacted an ambulance and went to the hospital. Once the feet began to thaw, all of the pain came back. It has been the most painful thing I have ever experienced.
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

the C2 wiki.

I feel like I keep returning to the same types of projects.  Right now I'm collecting, editing and publishing historical rhetoric texts ...